Environmental Health & Safety Specialist – Central Valley California – World Class Glass Manufacturing Company
This well-known company is very stable and profitable. This innovative company has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in new equipment in this state-of-the-art manufacturing plant.
• High-energy entrepreneurial type environment with an atmosphere of teamwork.
• Performance based culture where you will have support for your ideas.
• Work/Life Balance and Family friendly policies and convenient services like dry cleaning on-site.
• This company cares about its employees and has many programs developed to help its employees such as adoption assistance, profit sharing plans, etc.
• Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, 401-K, paid vacation, relocation assistance, etc.
• Employee retention is a hallmark of this company and they have virtually no turnover.
Your Role as the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist:
The EH&S Specialist will lead and participate in the day to day implementation and continuous improvement of the EH&S programs and compliance related activities necessary to ensure the organization is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. He/she will work directly with the operational managers as well as the team leaders and team members of all departments.
Primary Duties include:
• Serves as the Environmental compliance and permitting subject matter expert for the company.
• Maintenance and implementation of all environmental programs to ensure compliance with CA Title 22, large quantity generator hazardous waste, non-hazardous wastes, V air emissions, greenhouse gas, water, wastewater, spill prevention countermeasures and controls and storm water management.
• Maintenance of environmental systems including ISO 14001, CERS and R# programs.
• Works directly with the site employees and safety teams to drive a safe work environment for the facility through hazard recognition and hazard exposure control.
• Supports selected safety and industrial hygiene compliance with audits, sampling and program implementation.
• Provides Environmental support and guidance for key capital projects.
• Environmental permitting for Title V air, wastewater, hazardous waste, storm water, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in in Engineering, Chemistry or Biology, Occupational Safety and Health or related disciplines.
• Five or more years of related experience in manufacturing
• CHMM, REM, P.E., ASP, CSP or other nationally recognized certification a plus.
• Experience working with the Cal OSHA Title 8, Title V air permits in CA and well as California Hazardous Waste Control Laws is a plus.
The plant is centrally located and there are many nice places to live within the area. There are a wide variety of recreational activities. You will be within a short drive of the ocean in one direction and the mountains in the other direction. Real estate prices are reasonable in the central valley area of California.